These cleaners are easy to make from common household ingredients:
All-Purpose Cleaner ~ Option 1
Mix 2 tbsp-tablespoons pure soap with 1 liter warm water. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice to help cut grease.
All-Purpose Cleaner ~ Option 2
Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 4 cups warm water. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice to help cut grease.
Mix 1/4 cup vinegar or 1 tbsp-tablespoon lemon juice with 4 cups warm water.
Mix 1 cup water with 2 tsp-teaspoons tee tree oil.
It helps remove mold from surfaces and can be used on walls, ceilings, basements and to deodorize toilets.
Air Freshener-Lavender Mist
Add 30 drops of lavender essential oil to a 150 ml glass mister bottle filled with warm water. Shake well before spraying. Enjoy the aromatherapy. (Caution: Avoid essential oils if you are sensitive to scents)
Natural Cleaning Ingredients Explained:
- Baking Soda – cuts grease, deodorizes, lifts dirt and whitens and is a good scouring powder.
- White Vinegar- cuts grease, effective as a mild disinfectant and deodorizes
- Lemon Juice – disinfects and whitens.
- Borax – bleaches, deodorizes, and is a mild disinfectant.
- Pure Soap (Castile Soap) – is a general purpose cleaner that biodegrades completely.
- Washing Soda – cuts grease, softens water and whitens.
- Lavender and Tee Tree Essential oils - natural antiseptics against bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Lemon Juice - disinfects and whitens
- Salt - Fights mould and mildew
- Olive Oil - Lifts dirt