· Use a spoon or dull knife to remove solid materials.
· For these stains, use a citrus solvent applied directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· For large stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
· Blot up liquid spills with a white towel or paper towel.
· Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
· Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
· If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
· Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
· Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
· Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
· If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
· Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
· If stain remains, proceed to Step 3.
Do NOT use on coffee, tea or urine stains.
· Mix 2 tablespoons of non-bleaching, non-sudsing household ammonia with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
· Apply ammonia solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
· Do not dry with paper towels. Proceed to Step 4 to neutralize the ammonia solution.
· Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
If you’d like to have your carpets completely cleaned—removing allergens, bacteria and pollutants—then we invite you to give us a call at 250-474-7777. Our Victoria Carpet Care trained customer service staff would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding carpet cleaning and schedule a free Carpet Evaluation to determine what your exact needs are to care for your home.
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Carpet Repairs and Restretching, Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning
Thank-you Victoria Carpet Care for doing such a great job cleaning & scotch guarding our carpets & stairs! VICTORIA CARPET CARE is the BEST!!! ~ Norm Moore
Excellent to work with. I had a carpet that I thought I would have to replace but Russ got the dirt out! Would highly recommend ~ Pat Brindle
Victoria carpet care are not only carpet cleaners but experts in the care of your carpets and furniture !!!! Bravo Victoria Carpet Care! ~ Sandra Froher, Musclelines
The best carpet cleaner in the city!! ~ Chris Wylie
Russ ... I am so pleased with the job you did! The change is just downright remarkable. I'm just so happy. Thank you so very much. ~ Karen Dearborn
As usual, you did another great job on my carpets. With my muddy dog, and my spilling things all the time, that carpet does get used, but you always make it look brand new. Thanks again. Ruth ~ Dr. Ruth Simkin