Victoria Carpet Care is so happy to have had the opportunity to clean your carpets recently and once again your carpet is clean, fresh, soft, and fluffy. Everyone loves the feel of freshly clean carpets. All those annoying spots and grime that have been bugging you are long gone! Now here is the next question you are asking yourself... Now that the professional carpet experts have cleaned your carpets, how do I keep them that way? Here are a few great tips you can use year round to help keep your carpet looking as fresh and clean as the day we professionally cleaned it:
- Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum. Three times for emphasis! As a common rule is to vacuum traffic areas 3 to 5 times per week. This will prevent dirt from settling deep into the carpet. Did you know that when you walk on dirt and grit that has settled to the base of the fibres this can cause an abrasive action, which results in the appearance of traffic lanes and worn areas?
- Clean up spills right away, before they become permanent stains. This is especially important when you have young children or pets in the home. We at Victoria Carpet Care understand this! We want you to always be able to refer to our spotting guide online, which can be found at www.VictoriaCarpetCare.ca This will provide you with directions on how to proceed in removing spills. Remember we are always available at our office to answer any questions you may have...big or small! You may also call us at 250-474-7777 and we will also give you assistance on the spot about how to properly remove the spill.
- Have your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis. They should be cleaned every 6-12 months depending on the amount of “traffic” in the house. (i.e. kids, pets, shoes, etc.) Clean high traffic areas about twice as often as other areas. This will help get all the grime and pollutants out of your carpet. While we are at your home, be sure to ask about our upholstery cleaning.
- Reapply Carpet Protector each time the carpet is cleaned to keep stains from setting in and the soil from grinding in. This really can make a huge difference when cleaning spills. You will be able to find more information on our website: www.VictoriaCarpetCare.ca
- Place walk off mats inside and outside every entrance to your home. Something so simple can make a huge difference.
- Place mats or bound remnants on top of the carpet at high wear areas, such as in front of the sofa or chairs and entry/exit points from the carpet.
- Placing smooth plastic chair mats under chairs in front of desks may help to prevent carpet delaminating and wear. This is especially important in commercial offices as well.
- Remove your shoes when you enter your home. Your Mom was right when she would tell you to take your shoes off at the door.
- Use a powerful vacuum with a beater brush and excellent filtration system for carpets. Nowadays there is a variety of excellent vacuums available in Victoria.
We sure hope you have found these tips and tricks helpful for maintaining clean, fresh carpets. We want you to be more than happy every time we finish a cleaning job in your home and complete a service for you! Our Cleaning tech will make sure your carpet is clean and sani-tized. Victoria Carpet Care is happy to provide our Carpet, Upholstery and Area Rug Cleaning Services to the South Island, including all of Greater Victoria, including Metchosin, Oak Bay, Gordon Head, Esquimalt, Saanich, Sidney, View Royal, Highlands, Bear Mountain, James Bay, Cordova Bay, Langford and Colwood
Call Victoria Carpet Care today for a FREE Cleaning Evaluation today : 250-474-7777
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, RV and Auto Interiors, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning