6 Easy Tips For Keeping Your Carpet Looking Like New!
1. Vacuum often and thoroughly. Dirt is the number one cause of wear and tear to your carpet. Be sure that you are vacuuming thoroughly at least once per week to keep the dry soils to a least amount and make the most of the life of your carpet.
2. Clean up spots and spills swiftly and properly. To properly remove a spot use a clean absorbent towel (preferably a white one to avoid color transfer) and hot tap water in a spray bottle containing a small amount of a mild detergent – just make sure the detergent does not contain bleaching agents. Next, alternate blotting and spraying the area, DO NOT over wet the spot. You can even place a dry absorbent towel under something heavy like a book to completely remove the moisture from the carpet. Most spots can be removed if they are caught early. Of course the exceptions are, if a spill contains a dye, (i.e. red juice) or a bleaching agent then the spot is usually permanent.
3. Never scrub or rub spots. The accurate method to remove a spill is to scrape the spot towards the middle and then blot with a white towel or cloth. Scrubbing or rubbing the spot will fray the carpet fibers and permanently damage the area.
4. Do not overuse carpet detergents, shampoos or spotters. Some people are addicted to their carpet spotters, but too much detergent in the carpet will result in a dirt attracting residue that will make your carpet appear dirty faster.
5. Clean your carpets professionally every 6-12 months. Carpet manufactures advise cleaning your carpets professionally with van mounted steam cleaning. By cleaning every 6-12 months you will extend the life of your carpet and have a healthier, cleaner home.
6. Re-apply “Carpet Protector” every other cleaning. Carpet protector “seals” the fibers of your carpets and makes them resistant to most household stains. It also makes your vacuuming more efficient. The effectiveness of carpet protector is reduced about 30-35% with each cleaning. But, by re-applying at least every other cleaning you will continue to protect your carpet from stains and everyday wear and tear, giving your carpet the longest life possible
Call Victoria Carpet Care for a FREE In-Home Cleaning Evaluation: 250-474-7777
VICTORIA CARPET CARE IS A ONE CALL SERVICE: Carpet Repairs and Restretching, Floor Waxing, Polishing and Cleaning, High Heat Extraction, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Leather Cleaning, Disinfectants, Carpet and Upholstery Protectors, Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options and Furniture Cleaning
Thank-you for the wonderful job you did cleaning my carpets. We are so happy! Paul, Victoria BC
Thank-you again Russ for doing such a terrific job on my carpets. I am so pleased and will recommend you to my friends!!! You are the best! Sally, Colwood BC
We asked for estimates from various companies for stretching our carpets. Russ gave us the best estimate and his work was excellent. He showed up on time, was polite, respectful of the office work areas, tidy and organized, cleaned up after he was finished and the final bill was exactly what he had quoted--no surprises. Great job, Russ!! Kathy M, Victoria BC
Russ cleaned our Carpets in our home this past week. They look fantastic. What a wonderful job. Thanks Russ. Norm Moore, The Co-operators Victoria, BC